Intro

I am always after the next, new hobby. I'm a serial hobbyist. I try something, and do it not half badly, but then I get intrigued by something else, and I'm off again. So, after over 1/2 century of this behavior, I'm going to be stern with myself. My 'newest' shiny is anticlastic metalworking. My experience in metalworking? One introduction metalsmithing class at the local University Craft Center where I learned about safety and a youtube video. I kid you not.

So my goal is to do an anticlastic piece almost every day and record the results over the next year. See what I learn, see what happens, see the ideas, see what I do with it, see where it ends up! Wish me luck.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 28

Yes, I eased up on the 'every day or else' mentality! Dayjob work starts soon, and I'm beginning silversmithing, which began at the same time as hammering! Here's my first ring:


..and reluctantly I have to accept that there are only so many hours in a day.

Before
 On to copper! I wanted another stubby. I still sometimes confuse which way the curve goes when hammered.


After

I am thinking simple pendants. AND I needed to do something polar opposite from spidey yesterday. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment