Intro

I am always after the next, new hobby. I'm a serial hobbyist. I try something, and do it not half badly, but then I get intrigued by something else, and I'm off again. So, after over 1/2 century of this behavior, I'm going to be stern with myself. My 'newest' shiny is anticlastic metalworking. My experience in metalworking? One introduction metalsmithing class at the local University Craft Center where I learned about safety and a youtube video. I kid you not.

So my goal is to do an anticlastic piece almost every day and record the results over the next year. See what I learn, see what happens, see the ideas, see what I do with it, see where it ends up! Wish me luck.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 23

11:12 pm: Skip today. Unless you want to be bored. : /

Before
I had high hopes! I was thinking it would turn into a tall curling tip, and a ruffled 'flower' on the end. Silly me. So did not happen. It got 1/2 again as tall, not much of a curve, and I got what I *should* have known would be a stubby leaf. If I had more experience. Which is why I'm doing this blog!

After
Here's 'stubby.'

Tomorrow, I'm going to try and do a narrow double strip and see if I can put it together. Hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment