Intro

I am always after the next, new hobby. I'm a serial hobbyist. I try something, and do it not half badly, but then I get intrigued by something else, and I'm off again. So, after over 1/2 century of this behavior, I'm going to be stern with myself. My 'newest' shiny is anticlastic metalworking. My experience in metalworking? One introduction metalsmithing class at the local University Craft Center where I learned about safety and a youtube video. I kid you not.

So my goal is to do an anticlastic piece almost every day and record the results over the next year. See what I learn, see what happens, see the ideas, see what I do with it, see where it ends up! Wish me luck.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 25

First some fun with galpal Jill and the stamps we ordered. Still planning to add a stone.

11:49pm : Thought this would be interesting. Although I was disappointed at how little the metal moved, compared to how yesterdays did! I really expected the thinner half to move more. Although now it seems obvious why it wouldn't. 
Before

It was still fun to move around. A pretty gold color too, after pickling and heat coloring. Looks gold!I wonder how that happened?
After

No comments:

Post a Comment